Sunday, July 31, 2005

Sat Blue....for at least till 1am

Hiya, this weekend was a little too rush for all its matter, it all started on Fri while i was shopping for a Memory module for our disk array RAID controller during lunch time, then i took a quick stroll at Sim Lim Sq to see what new things i that can add into to my workstation, then i noticed that CoolerMaster's Centurion 5 was selling @SG$98! really felt tempted as i was comtemplating for a chassis upgrade, the thought continue to filth after work and i headed off to Cybermind and walk off with one brand new chassis home. It was taking me too long to do a motherboard and periperhal transfer, but i was in facts i ended up more busy to take in calls for fri outing..

Both May and Lily called....

Anyway, May said she wanna dropped by and picked me up...so while i just did my workstation,
everything just look the way it was, spanking good o' puter...So while was commuting in the cab, May was curious and wondering what kind of place is Union Square. We thought it was located at Novena Square, but matters of fact. It was at Armara Hotel. Ran by my hatred NTUC, i was 'nt keen as well. May was worst, the moment she saw those dirty old men stooding outside with their filipino friends and...a mixture uncle, we made a strategic U-Turns!! what a boring night, headed off to a stupid german pub and had my Hooegarden insteads. No movies..nothing, i went out and laze off.

Sat, before meeting Lily and in the late afternooni headed straight to Sim Lim Sq againt to walk walk and see see, then somehow. I brought EA's Battlefield 2 from DICE to quench my cyber blood thrist at my usual gaming outlet, Tec-Drome. I used to buy lotsa games in the pasts from this boss and it amazing he still remembered me. *hint

Anyway, after having dinner with Lily and gang [Salsa gang *hee] i part way with them and went home to install Batttlefield 2. After removing DOOM 3 from my workstation, i went on to install and patch the game to the latest releases off i go. But to my horror, the game refused to start up and return a prompt that i have CD/DVD emulation software running!! WTF!!, the thought of going online and be part of the cyber cannon fodder against 64 players were slowly draining as i googled for solutions. After a quick search, it was SafeDisc Copy Protection stopping me, and relunctantly i removed CloneCD knowing that SafeDisc had blacklisted CloneCD with or without Virtual drive installed. As usual, my relentless effort paid off and soon i found myself on in a battle ground looking likes a new horn and a trigger happy finger. Tactically, this game offers pretty comprehensive likes role playing as Medic, Engineer, Special Force, Assault force, Support and driver [all vechicles] and a chance to relive "Black Hawk Down" military operation.

But my network latency from SCV did not turn out well, as my ping is pretty high. I pretty sure my workstation is up to scratch despite my hardware did kinda exceeded the required specification by a small margin. In facts, mine was no slouch. 2Gb PC3200 ECC memory, Pentium 4 3.2Ghz [lousy leh], Nvidia 6600 GT [AGP], Audigy 2 ZX Pro, SCSI hard disk and DVD writer plus a well maintained Win XP Pro OS, this workstation had served me well over the month. But i will definitely get to the bottom of this.

Read the review...pretty interesting game structure.


1 Comments:

At 1:40 PM, Blogger DARLing said...

I sleep my weekend away !
Zzzz Oink oink

 

Post a Comment

<< Home