Thursday, April 14, 2005

What i have been up to lately

Lately i brought some CDs for listening. So far my purchases have been satisfying so far.

The CDs i got hold are
Hernan Cattaneo : Rennaisance, The Master series two.
Thievery Corporation: The Cosmic Game
Lemon Jelly: '64-'92

The most interesting album is Hernan Cattaneo. Why? Well, u see i am a sucker for authenticity. I not rigid but i struck to my principle. No CD protection CDs and original pressing.

People claims pressing in locality is fine. But i felt that it overpaid for cheap labor so i might as pay a little more for UK or US pressing CDs. So what got into me was, i found this Hernan Cattaneo's latest mix at HMV Heeren along with Raw Bean. I thought i found what i wanted. But......i saw a little wording that said. Made in Taiwan.

Mutherfucker. $41 for a Taiwanese pressed CD? No way i buying it. So i went scouting for the CD in couple of places. Worst, That's CD shop is day light butcher asking for $45 for the same Taiwanese pressing. Sigh, i really wanted this CD very badly.

DJ Hernan Cattaneo has been my favorite DJ so far. Not big time yet but hardworking. I like his attitude. He reminded me of myself...hahaha

So This idiot Raw Bean msn-ed me that he downloaded his MP3s and said it was good. I said to myself, That's it. I will hunt it down.

So there i took my stroll to City-Link where the HMV is. I never realised after flipping thru few Taiwanese pressed i found a UK pressed for the same price. I brought without hesitation. Manz..darn happy.

My review is, since day one Hernan Cattaneo released his debut Mix CD under Perfecto label. South America has been my all time favorite DJ mixed CD. Why? Its had all the dark textures i yearned and its progressively made you want for more groove.

The Master server Vol1 was'nt up to my likening as it was too housey. But Vol 2 hit my G-spot (despite i ain'nt got one).

:P

Favorite track
Salvation on salvery Sins
Horn
Funky Summa
Estrange

Now back to Thievery Corporation, The Cosmic Game is the return of the same magic they produced in The Mirror Conspiracy. Layering the Brazilian beat with indian vocal. No one does better this folks. If u are looking for a CD that you can stroll around naked. This is the CD u need.

Lately due to my larling Lily got lobang for a staff price for Apple's product. I got a iPod 4G 20GB for myself. Nothing really changed except that 75% of my time spend listening to it. It not revolutionary but evolutionary that music had became so portable. of'croz the shit the music industry pouts that digital music is theft is bullshit. I brought CDs as much as i ripped them for my own. So i am boyscotting CDs that had CD protection mechanism on it. Simple, stop buying and they will stop doing this.

Enuff rant

6 Comments:

At 11:51 PM, Blogger DARLing said...

*devilish smile*
U got a unique taste of music har

 
At 11:59 PM, Blogger Radikaz said...

Of croz, i am most unique among all Singaporean.

Just too bad why i am singaporean as well. :(

 
At 12:03 AM, Blogger DARLing said...

*tat is my compliment for u..
y u hve to place tat word singaporean in ?

 
At 12:51 AM, Blogger Radikaz said...

thanx Darling?

I think i better remove singaporean. I not worthy to be here as i am not a herd quality citizen...

:P

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger DARLing said...

Ghesss :)

 
At 3:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

interesting taste! IPOD is awesome...!! do you listen to M.I.A?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home