Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Alternative computing

While nursing my sadness, i have converter my HP NX 7010 notebook to a Red Hat Fedora 5 computer. After messing while all the rpms and compilation. I got almost a full system up and running with almost the Windows XP's computing equivalent.

One of the computer is also running a dual boot Windows 2000 Adv Server and Fedora 5 functioning as download and network file server. Guessed it's time to head for alternative computing, although i had virtually little problem with Windows XPs, hmmph, i quite a power user actually. I'd managed to build the system to resemble a Mac OS X interface, however still there's a lot of room to customise this system fully.

I'm using Gnome window manager, a little system resource demanding, but i guessed my notebook can handle them all since i am running a customized kernel and services.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home