Sunday, July 09, 2006

Thank you, Nokia, It's will be my last time using a Nokia phone

After losing my Nokia 7610, i'd got myself an Nokia N70 last month thru M1 Mobile's promo. Darn, i signed myself a 2 yr contract since i had not been a contract subscriber for ages. What's turned out is a series of Nokia's woes for the pasts few days.

This monday, my N70 broke down by unabled to connect to any Access points of any GSM or 3G Networks. Switching between 3G and GSM network does not seemed to help as much. So i guessed the RF component may has been faulty. So i send in to Nokia service center at Suntec City.

Got there at 11am, Tuesday and waited for the gate to open. Well...i was 2nd in queue and soon i was serviced by a malay girl. Then i told her my problem and explained to her that the RF has some issues. She acknowledged and took my phone in, and said it will required 3-4 working days. Okay, i said. Then do you have spare phone for me to tide over? She said NO! Not Nokia's policy to offer mobile phone. What!!??!!!

I explained nicely to her that i do not have any spare phone for the whole day, then came the straight response, NO again. I felt ridcule what kind of customer's services Nokia is trying to portray? I brought the N70 for production usage. Not to Buy an N70 and buy another spare phone to compliment the Nokia phone in anticipation that the Nokia phone will break down, this is absolutely absurd! You ought to have concise policies to address case to case failures and replacement policies that those repairs that not helping must be replaced to address customer's woes.

It's no wonder Nokia's market share is eroding, because it failed ultimately to address customer's needs for attention. I am not very mean nor demanding, all i need is reasonable service, is'nt it so hard?

Okay great, i got a call today that my Nokia N70 is ready for collection, so i dashed down to Suntec at 3pm and collected it, tested it onsite and get set home. Nokia said they replaced the RF components......never replaced motherboard? Well, 2nd horror came in when i reached home to realise the same problem with the network coverage!!!!

Immediately i called the service center and expressed my unhappiness and she responsed that something i did must had caused the problem, so i dashed down again to Suntec before 8pm closing.

Again no one attended me....leaving me wandering around and asked for some immediate attention before the shop closed completely, then i saw the store manager and explained my woes...he was kind enough to assist, other wise i would have blow my top...So the rest is pretty explanary the N70 went back to the service table again. Sighz...

Geez...i have to fork out $138 to get a Motorola C168 for temporary use...but i am thinking of getting another phone because i had totally losing confidence in Nokia and would like to do nothing with Nokia in future any more, sorry Nokia. You had lose another customer and i will demonstrate the power of "Connecting People" on why buying Nokia is not a delightful experience.

I am pretty sure that those folks in the same service center are very much as woeful as me...so i will not pity you if you lose your mobile market share, because you failed time over time again to answer the needs of your customers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home