Friday, April 22, 2005

My shoe history

hmm..suddenly this Adidas ROM thingy became a topic of itself.
haha :D so funny.

Actually the greatest reason why i wanna buy this shoe was because when i was in Secondary 4 i liked this Adidas ROM (the design on the sole was different then) but due to limited pocket $$. I could not afford it. So shelved the idea ....slowly the model faded away from my memory.

Throughout my shoe collection, i had brought some real classic shoes. Starting from my Nike Cross Trainer (1st generation) which i brought during my Polytechnic days. It was my favorite Nike shoe that i had wore so far. In 93, i got a pair Doc Martin shoe before they were basic shoe wear for singaporean hahaha then i went off to fell in love with Timberland's Boat shoe (Nubuck leather) which i owned both the low heel and high heel. Till date this shoes still live on with proper maintenance. Converse's canvas shoe also top my list with me having both high and low off-white canvas shoe. Both close to 6 yrs old minimum and still going strong.

While started to watch LDs and DVDs during the early DVD days, i was a regular borrower of digital media from the nearby DVD rental near Holland Village. Then i discovered RED WING shoe while watching "One flew over the cuckoo nest" by Jack Nicholson which won him an Oscar for best performer. I brought a Brown Red Wing shoe which costed me SG$298 buck from Queenways shopping centre. Till then i practically trekked this shoe around the world and to date the shoe still good great, because the shoe itself was "waxed" using Mink Oil to preserve it textures and moisture. Red Wing shoe is very comfortable and durable. I heard they even replace the shoe under sole for $70 at Red Wing's shoe. Timberland outlet did such maintenance as well when i handed my two pairs of Boat shoes for servicing.

I guessed this is so much for shoe talk at the moment...

Hee..

1 Comments:

At 3:22 PM, Blogger DARLing said...

Just love it
is like a dream come true .
Morning i want it
Noon i have it !

Thks for blogging this MArcus

 

Post a Comment

<< Home